Chicken Ridge Cemetery (historic), Juneau Juneau's first burying
ground was on Chicken Ridge in the vicinity of Main Street. Nearly 100
graves occupied that part of the ridge in 1887 when it was staked as a
mining claim. Between 1889 and 1902 all except 39 of the graves were
moved from Chicken Ridge and the last of the old graves were moved to the
new Evergreen cemetery about 1915.